What is rocking my world?
Celebrating Jeff and my’s 38th wedding anniversary, and at the place in Wisconsin where we got married! How about that? So fun, special, lots of good memories, and more to come…
Have you heard of Commune yet?
They have great courses for practices for physical, spiritual, and societal health. I love their offerings…and the teachers are world class!
Here’s a free trial
Derek Sivers : “Life can be improved by adding, or by subtracting. The world pushes us to add, because that benefits them. But the secret is to focus on subtracting.”
“To me, ‘busy’ implies that the person is out of control of their life.” – Derek Sivers
Sam Harris–Meditation, Mindfulness, and his new app, Waking Up
WAKING UP APP
“You can say things like, “As I look at successful people, and by that I mean rich people, yes, and I mean happy people, and sometimes they’re rich and happy.” But when I’m talking about the successful ones, what I really mean is the really happy people. People that are really joyful, that want to get up every day, that are eager to get into their day. Almost without exception, they had a pretty rough beginning, which turned them into a powerful rebel initially. And then they found a way to relax into their natural birthright of Well-being.”
What are your fav kitchen gadgets?
I use my Vitamix almost daily- smoothies, soups, sauces, and if not that my food processor- nut sauces and cheeses, and since I am the chili and soup queen, I’ve been using my centuries old slow cooker/crock pot, that is now falling apart!
But what about the new air fryers? Or the instant pots?
I also bought a korean wok last year, that is my daily go to on the stove…
and the best knife ever…
And I share these because I love them, not an affiliate! Just want you to enjoy your cooking even more…
And because it is coming on to massive zucchini season… air fryer zucchini chips from Holy Cow…
And because chickpeas/ garbanzo beans are my fav beans… https://holycowvegan.net/chickpea-rice/#spotlight-on-chickpeas
Joanne Molinari ( the Korean Vegan) talks about the work/life balance and gives some great tips!
What do you think of these? Any you agree or disagree with? Any additions you would add?
“the American worker has been trained to believe their worth is directly a function of their productivity. While corporations attempt to pay more than lip service to the elusive “work/life balance,” there are a few things we can do independent of systematic labor reform to try to ensure that we aren’t running straight towards a brick wall:
- Trust your instincts. In your gut, you know when something is abnormally stressful to you, in the same way your body has evolved to know the difference between a saber tooth tiger and koala….
- Acknowledge your feelings. Acknowledging how you feel about a distressing situation can provide some instant and welcome relief. My favorite way of doing this is writing my feelings down. According to this study, expressive writing or journaling can help reduce anxiety and stress. …
- Step back. …
- Meditate. I’ve talked before about the benefits of meditation. A recent study found that regular meditation relieved anxiety, pain, and depression, and that for depression, meditation was as effective as a pharmaceutical antidepressant. …
- Unplug. … Take a walk. Read a book–the kind that smells like dried ink. Listen to your favorite playlist while baking some cookies.
- Stop shaming yourself. You don’t need to feel guilty for not being angry and sad and outraged over all the things happening in the world all the time. You also don’t need to shame yourself for taking 57 minutes to veg in front of the TV or read a good mystery novel. …
- Exercise. While taking a break is crucial to guarding against chronic stress, regular light exercise (like walking or yoga) has also been proven to counteract the effects of stress.
- Talk to someone. Sometimes I think we say things like “you don’t need to be ashamed of getting professional help” while, in our heads, we’re saying, “Omg, I would never, though.” … There is no shame in seeking counseling, therapy, or even just a friendly support group.
Make sure to check out last week’s episode of Heart and Hustle, with the incredible Susan Hyatt who is out to change women’s diet culture!
And this week’s episode with women’s health advocate, Arwyy Taffs
You my friend, have a blessed and heartfelt weekend and let me know what rocks your world!
Other things going on in my Paulette land!
If you are wanting to do some more writing, or get your journaling practice happening, you can join my Tuesday weekly class, on zoom, 3:00 PST
From the Body to the Page!
Join us for our weekly virtual journaling/writing class, with adventurous prompts and inspired sharing, time for you to dive into your words and your self-expression!
Our once-a-week gathering on Zoom with focused time to journal to the varied prompts of poetry, stories, magic and soul-searching phrases!
Time to write together and time to read aloud your journaling, with no critique or judgment, only encouragement and support. This is time for you to take the pen to the page, perhaps with some body movement, while you listen deep within, and enjoy this hour of YOU and your creativity unfolding.
Also for summer, my online course…
From Chaos to Creativity,
a 5 week DIY to move you from stuck to fabulous, at home, on your own time, with me!
So check it out, read more here, and get your copy, plus a free copy of my book, From Soulless Job to Creative Abundance, when you sign up for the course!
You are Invited to Join my Community of Creatives
Sign up now and receive my free masterclass and learn how to create your own
Magic Action Plan
(your MAP) with ideas for making change and moving forward with your delicious desires.
Stay connected for inspiration, support, coaching, and all the love!